Rustic ornaments started making their appearance on our tree last year and these cookie cutter shapes are a great addition! The kids were well engaged in this craft by placing their sticks and filling in every nook and corner.
- Gather a few sticks and branches ranging from 1/8 to 1/2 inch.
- Christmas themed cookie cutters – 2 to 3 inches.
- Elmers glue or wood glue.
- Cut your sticks into 1 inch pieces.
- Place the thicker wood pieces into the cookie cutter until no more can fit.
- Fill in as much empty space as possible with the thinnest branches.
- Using your fingers separate the wood pieces and glue in between all of them.
- Prop these guys up to dry, making sure there is protection under them. The glue will seep through.
- Let these dry in the cookie cutter for several hours or overnight.
- Once dry, push them through the cookie cutter. Glue on any loose pieces.