Honey lemon gingerade has been a great hydrating and replenishing lifesaver post stomach flu! After four uncomfortable days of belly cramping and mega dehydration, being able to rehydrate while sipping on this tangy, nourishing, anti-viral and anti-spasmodic drink is so rejuvenating. I only wish I had been sipping it before I got sick – maybe I would’ve had a different outcome! It’s crisp and refreshing, but also contains very subtle heat from the ginger that’ll keeps you wanting more! I envision its nourishing life-force energy traveling through and replenishing my body with every sip.
It’s easy to look at food and beverages from a very surface-level perspective: “It tastes good and it satisfies my cravings.” However, when we really learn about and connect to our food sources, the food ultimately becomes more healing, both physically and emotionally. When I put the work into learning about my food, it’s benefits, where it comes from, and how it got to me, I have much more appreciation for it – I don’t just taste it anymore, I feel it, too.
Honey lemon gingerade isn’t just a refreshing summer drink, it is a great revitalizing tonic! It’s sweetened with the endless efforts of honey bees, their raw honey, rather than sugar, taking this energizing beverage from potentially damaging to sweetly healing.
- quickly absorbed natural energy
- defense against pollen allergy
- loaded with health promoting anti-oxidants
- essential vitamins, minerals, and enzymes
- anti-bacterial and anti-fungal
- supports the honey bees!
- highly nutritious esp high in Vitamin C
- alkalizes the body, preventing cancer growth
- digestive aid – encourages the liver to produce more bile
- assists the liver with detoxing
- rejuvenates skin & body with its anti-oxidants and college production
- boosts mood
- antispasmodic – assisting with digestive upsets
- eliminates or reduces nausea
- aids in chronic indigestion
- inhibits bacteria growth
- stimulates circulation
- antiviral – preventing viruses from connecting to cell walls
All of this life enhancing goodness is delivered in a cool, crisp, and may I say addicting drink! Honey lemon gingerade is a real treat… a treat that not only pleases our tongue but our body and mind, too!
* Makes 1 quart
- 2 lemons – juice & zest
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
- Honey – I used about 2-3 tbsp
- 5 cups water
- Bring the chopped ginger (I didn’t bother peeling it) to a boil in about 2 cups of water. Let it boil for about 10-15 mins or until the water has been reduced by half. Strain into a quart sized jar and compost the chopped ginger (or brew another batch with it).
- Add the zest of 1 lemon and honey to the warmed ginger tea. Honey mixes much better in warmed water!
- Squeeze your lemons into the jar and fill the remainder of the jar with cold water and ice cubes. Top with a sprig of lemon balm or mint leaf!
Mix well and enjoy!