Roasted Pumpkin Ice (no) Cream… Whaaat? Yes! This ice cream is cream free, refined sugar free, and loaded with nourishing ingredients such as roasted pumpkin, cashews, and coconut milk. It’s lightly sweetened with Vermont maple syrup and flavored with fall’s favorite warm and fuzzy spices!
It is marvelous when topped with Pumpkin Spice Pumpkin Seed Granola, but I think it would make a divine apple pie topping! The batter is super creamy and fluffy, so as it softens it turns into a weightless, whipped up pillow of pumpkin spice deliciousness!
* This recipe creates a really sturdy ice cream. It isn’t icy, but like many homemade ice creams, it does freeze hard! You’ll need to let it rest at room temp for a few minutes before digging in.
*View my recipe for Pumpkin Spice Chili Stuffed Peppers to see how I roasted my pumpkin.
- 1.5 cups roasted pumpkin puree (or canned)
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews – soaked in water for 2 hours or more
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- Blend all ingredients in a high powered blender or food processor.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until it has completely chilled.
- Pour into an ice cream maker and let run for about 30 mins.
- Pop into the freezer until hardened.